Thank you for taking the time and visiting April Daycare website, founded by Zahra.
Zahra is originally from Iran, with 20+ years of experience, working with young children and preschoolers. She holds a Master's Degree in English, ECE, and Infant & Toddler certificates, as well as a certificate registered with the Ministry of Children and Family Development. Besides, as a strong believer in lifelong learning, she is currently pursuing a Master of Early Childhood Education at UBC.
She has been there! A desperate mom looking for somewhere safe and nurturing to leave her beloved daughter to run errands, go to work or study, and sometimes just to have a very short "me time".
At April Daycare children's emotional development is the first priority along with so many other areas, such as physical, literacy and social skills, to name a few.
Zahra strongly advocates Einstein's quote "play is the highest form of research".
Highlights of our philosophy
Being aware of the fact that children’s early experiences form later life success or tragedies, health and well-being, April daycare offers services with the following fundamental beliefs:
- full supervision of children, settings and activities
- high standard of safety, hygiene and nutrition
- enhancing socializing and emotional awareness by encouraging discussions about feelings and having interactions with peers through both free and structural play, songs, role play and story time
- providing the atmosphere in which children's feelings are acknowledged and their thirst for learning is responded to and multiplied
- fun and motivating arts and crafts activities, such as making collage, painting and play dough
- accommodating the environment so that children can benefit from indoor and outdoor play
- sending photos, portfolios and follow up reports based on parents' priorities and requests
- being spontaneous and catching any moment to foster children's experience, focusing on their thoughts, imaginations, creativity and interests